Enrollment & Registration
NEW STUDENT ENROLLMENT
Welcome to Vista Unified School District, please complete the following steps to register your student if they have not attended a school in Vista Unified. See below for Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten age eligibility.
STEP 2: Contact our office and confirm your student's pre-registration.
- If you did not upload them in the online application, bring immunization records, birth verification, and proof of residency to the school
- You will then receive your Parent Portal account by email, which will allow you to complete the registration process on-line.
REGISTER RETURNING STUDENTS
Please complete the following steps if your student will be continuing their education in VUSD. You must have a Parent Portal account to complete this process. This process will allow parents to verify student data, update contact information, acknowledge/review critical district information and policies.
STEP 1: Complete the re-registration process by logging into Parent Portal.
DUAL LANGUAGE IMMERSION PROGRAM
All incoming Kindergarteners are eligible to enroll in the Dual Language Immersion Academy at Hannalei, whether they reside within the Vista Unified district or outside the district.
Complete the interest form below to reserve your spot today and our staff will reach out to you. In March, Kindergarten registration officially opens. We ask that you follow the regular registration process and then our staff will reach out to you regarding a space in our Dual Language Immersion program.
Intradistrict Transfers (one Vista Unified school to Hannalei) :
Click here for more information and for the Intradistrict Transfer link. These applications can be submitted online or in-person at Student Support Services at the District Office, located at 1234 Arcadia Avenue, Vista, CA 92084.
Interdistrict Attendance Permit (a transfer from one district to Hannalei):
Click here for more information.If applying from a different district to attend Vista Unified School District, please contact your school district of residence for information on how to submit the Interdistrict Attendance Permit to that district directly.
Children who are 5 years old by September 1st of the year of enrollment will be eligible to enroll in Kindergarten.
- 2023-24: Children who turn 5 between September 2, 2023 - April 2, 2024
- 2024-25: Children who turn 5 between September 2, 2024 - June 2, 2025
- 2025-26 and beyond: Children who turn 5 between September 2 - September 1 (and each year thereafter)